I Am In The Business Of Helping Injured Workers

Will Your Workplace Injury Lead To A Personal Injury Claim As Well As Workers’ Compensation?

After suffering an injury on the job, you likely qualify for workers’ compensation. You will not have to prove that your employer did anything wrong. You only have to show that your injuries arose from your work activities and happened while you were engaged in the duties of your job.

You will file a claim with your employer’s workers’ compensation insurer and/or the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC). Your employer or their insurer should pay for your medical care directly. Your benefits should also compensate you for the time that you are unable to work because of your injuries.

What if your workers’ compensation benefits are not enough to help you recover optimally, both medically and financially? And what if someone else – not your employer – was responsible for your accident? In this case, you may be able to bring a third-party liability claim or lawsuit against whoever caused the accident. Your personal injury suit will be separate from your workers’ compensation case. Learn more by consulting with me, attorney John E. Mahin.

How I Can Get Your Personal Injury Case Started

If you were injured while working, you do not have to wait for litigation to get your medical care and other workers’ compensation benefits started. At the same time, I can begin an investigation into your accident and learn how a third party such as the following caused your accident:

  • A delivery driver
  • A repair facility
  • A subcontractor
  • A property owner
  • A manufacturer of a defective tool or another product
  • Any person or legal entity

I can start preparing for trial to pursue compensation from that third party for your pain and suffering – something not covered in workers’ compensation benefits.

Working with the same attorney for your workers’ compensation and personal injury case has definite advantages. I will be able to coordinate steps for both claims to make the legal processes simple and smooth for you.

Was A Third Party Responsible For Your Accident? Get Legal Advice Now.

By filing a personal injury claim against the third party, such as a subcontractor, you can obtain compensation for damages not covered by workers’ comp, including pain and suffering and lost income not paid by workers’ comp.

To improve your chances of a favorable outcome in a personal injury claim against a third party, let me, as your attorney, begin the investigation right away, before valuable evidence of liability disappears.

To schedule a free consultation, call me at 513-640-2633 or send a message.